Since the first meeting of the Society in the 1930s, several thousand different species of plants have been shown and discussed. Sharing personal horticultural experiences in the San Francisco Bay Area we consider to be the ‘bedrock’ of Cal Hort. During our Monthly Meetings, after various announcements, this is our first order of business.
Comments and questions from the audience are welcome and encouraged. Experiences in the diverse micro-climates of the SF Bay Area are discussed.
Procedures for sharing at the Zoom meetings:
- Take photos of a special plant, a long cultivated garden arrangement, a serendipitous horticultural occurrence, a mystery plant, whatever you’d like to share.
- Email your images to Ellen Frank with the subject line “Plant Forum–[your name]” no later than 5 pm the Sunday before the meeting. If you can, please include the plant name(s) and some information about your submission(s).
- Ellen will prepare a slide show with images and descriptions to share at the meeting. You will have a chance to talk about your plants and ask and answer questions about them as well.
- If you have questions about participating in the Plant Forum, please contact Ellen Frank. We can have a practice session if that would be helpful.
- If we receive more submission than can be handled during first half hour we may take time after the featured presentation to continue the discussion and share the rest of the submissions.
- The slide presentation will be posted to be viewed or downloaded from our Plant Forums Slide Shows page within a week or so following the meeting. The video, which includes all the discussion, can be seen in the Meeting videos posted on our YouTube channel.
For information about attending meetings via Zoom see our article here.